Roulette is one of the most famous and well known casino games. Most Sweepstakes Casinos offer online roulette along with blackjack, slots, and other popular games. This guide explains how to play roulette, the different variations you’ll find, and explains roulette strategies and bet types you should know before playing.
The basics of online roulette
Part of the appeal of roulette is the simple rules and game play. There’s a wheel that’s spun and a small ball that bounces around until it stops in one of the numbered slots. Your job is to accurately bet on which number the ball settles in. You can bet on the individual number the ball stops on, a range of numbers, or a specific colour.
How to get started playing Sweepstakes Casino roulette
Getting started playing online roulette is easy. Remember that at a Sweepstakes Casino you can play for free with virtual gold coins or play for real money cash prizes with sweeps coins. You don’t need to deposit a penny of your own money!
Review the Sweepstakes Casinos and their online roulette games
Most Sweepstakes Casinos offer roulette but double check and make sure before you register. Two of the most popular Sweepstakes Casinos, Pulsz Casino and Chumba Casino, both offer free online roulette.
Register & receive free gold coins
If you’re not familiar with how Sweepstakes Casinos work, here’s the basics: After registering as a new player you’ll instantly receive free gold coins you can play with right away. You’ll also receive some bonus sweeps coins that you can use to play roulette for real money prizes. And don’t worry if you run out of gold coins, you can usually get more coins each day you log in or by watching for promotions on social media.
Purchase more gold coins and receive bonus sweeps coins
The coin system at Sweepstakes Casinos allows you to purchase more gold coins any time and receive real money sweeps coins as a bonus. Look for promotional offers that suit your budget and needs.
Start playing online roulette
Whether your preference is playing free roulette or real money roulette, you can do both at a Sweepstakes Casino. Most players like to practice and get used to the game play using gold coins before playing with sweeps coins.
Sweepstakes roulette: legality and rules in the USA
The best thing about Sweepstakes Casinos is that you can play legally across the US because they operate under sweepstakes laws. The only state that doesn’t permit Sweepstakes Casinos to accept new players is Washington.
Types of Sweepstakes Casino online roulette
This version of roulette features a wheel with 37 numbered pockets rather than 38. The difference is that an American roulette wheel has two green slots and the European wheel only has one. This means that generally European roulette has a lower house edge which is good for the player.
American Roulette is similar to European Roulette, but with an extra green pocket with a double zero (00). This is the most common type of roulette found in Las Vegas casinos or online real money US casinos.
French Roulette is similar to European Roulette but has one central difference: the “La Partage” rule. This rule allows players to receive half of their bet back if the ball lands on zero. This rule significantly decreases the house edge, making French Roulette a popular choice.
Tips for playing online roulette
Before you bet on roulette at a Sweepstakes Casino keep in mind the following tips to help win and enjoy your gambling experience.
- Manage your bankroll: Before starting to play roulette it’s a good idea to determine a budget and stick to it. It’s also a good idea to set loss limits so that you can control your playing sessions and not get carried away in the excitement.
- Learn the rules and variations: Online roulette games offer a number of options so make sure you’re familiar with the rules and payouts. This will help you make better decisions and increase your odds of winning.
- Use a betting strategy: Roulette betting strategies such as the Martingale system, the D’Alembert system, and the Fibonacci system can help protect your bankroll and win more playing online roulette. If you’re just starting out playing roulette don’t worry about learning these strategies.
Can I play free online roulette at a Sweepstakes Casino?
You sure can! The beauty of Sweepstakes Casinos is that registering provides you with free coins that you can play with right away. By accumulating free coins you can also earn additional bonus sweeps coins that can be played and then redeemed for real money.
Online roulette bets every player should know
There are over 20 bet types in roulette and it’s a good idea to understand a few of them before you play. Here are some of the most popular:
- Red or Black: The simplest and easiest to understand roulette bet. Half the numbers are red and half are black. All you have to do is pick the winning color. The payout is 1:1 but remember, the green zero slots tip the odds in favour of the casino.
- Odds or Evens: Another simple bet to understand – you are betting on whether the ball stops on a number that’s even or odd. This bet has the same payout and odds of winning as the red or black bet.
- Straight Up Single Number: At the other end of the risk spectrum you can choose a single number for the ball to stop on. The payout is 35:1 so if you’re feeling lucky you can win a lot of money.
- Street Bets: This variation involves selecting any consecutive three numbers in a row on the roulette wheel. The payout for this bet is 11:1.
What is the difference between Sweepstakes Casino roulette and real money online roulette?
At a real money online casino you deposit your money first and then start gambling. At a Sweepstakes Casino it’s the same roulette game and odds, but you have the option of playing with free gold coins or sweeps coins and there’s no requirement to deposit your money first.